I have been in situations where clients looked up to me to get work done at low prices.
I don’t blame the clients for expecting a low price. That’s fair enough.
Why? Why does that happen? It’s because of the fact that India is a developing nation with plenty of jobless and unskilled engineers. So, we flooded all freelancing websites with hourly rates starting from $5/hour. Later, we started bidding on all projects as if this is the only project that will bring us bread and butter.
“I can do this for you at very cheap rate” – is a common phrase on all freelancing sites.
That’s how everyone’s spoiled.
You can surely find good and hard working developers at the same price. But, those are rare, very rare.
$10/hour isn’t a bad price – it converts to approx. 600 INR and a sincere developer who dedicates 8 hours a day is making about 4,800INR a day. Which is a handsome amount.
Now, you must be wondering, why don’t I work for $10/hour?
Simply put: Good things come with a good price tag.
With my hourly price of $50/hour, you get assurance, skills, experience and expertise. I have been a freelance developer for 5+ years now. I specialize and focus only on WordPress themes, coaching and troubleshooting. Nothing beyond that.
So, you can be rest assured of the quality that I deliver.
Why did you decide a price tag of $50/hour?
Over the years, I have learned and improved and I think of $50/hour as a fair price for my skills. I work globally and surely don’t want to kill the competition with cheap prices.
I also invest in several premium plugins, themes, maintenance softwares and much more so that I can deliver best to my clients. Here’s a short list of my tools of trade:
- Gravity Forms – Developers License
- Thesis 2.0 Framework – Professional (Developer) License
- Genesis Framework – Pro Package
- Gravity View – Interstellar
- Envira Gallery – Platinum
- Soliloquy – Developer
- SiteGround for Development/Test sites
- InfiniteWP – Enterprise
- WooCommerce – Several Paid Addons
- Easy Digital Downloads – Several Paid Addons
- AffiliateWP – Professional
- Desktop Server – Premium
- WP Engine – Hosting
- Github and Bitbucket – Code hosting
Apart from these, there are several plugins and themes that I regularly spend on and keep adding to my personal arsenal.
But again, I don’t understand why do you charge so much? You are an Indian.
Yes, it’s “so much” when we look at the fact that I am a proud Indian. When I invoice you for $50/hour I make sure that
- I can setup a Skype/Phone call with you, no matter what the time difference be.
- All your emails are answered at the earliest.
- I can spare nights in case we are dealing with some important issues.
- I stick to schedule and deadlines.
These are some of the good things that you get for the price you pay.
Don’t believe me? Checkout what my clients say.